Monday, September 28, 2009

Title I don't want no stinkin' title

To all of you homeowners or to be homeowners out there does anyone else feel that the mortgage process is a money grab? I am surprised that they aren’t charging me for the ink I use to sign the papers. Actually I am sure they do somewhere in the hidden administrative costs.

My new quam… THE TITLE SEARCH… hmm title search okay please define: The process of examining the land title to ensure the vendor has the right to sell and therefore transfer ownership. A title search details the names of the owners and other information about the property such as encumbrances or caveats on the title.... (thank you goldcost.com) blah blah blah blah… okay so some of it I get.. Certain things in the process are important but is it really worth $800.00. I have my doubts. So I am hunting for a reasonable title search company, good old NY State mandates certain aspects of it but come on $800.00. That was 1/3 the cost of my first car. What a girl to do?!?!?!
On a different front, this Saturday Adam and I had to drive up to the city the house is in so I made him 'drive past' the house. Okay I made him stop the car and we sat in front of the house for 30 mins. I sat and dream and dream some more. I looked at the possibilites past the old white chipped paint, the funny little crooked windows, and I even looked past the old wrickety handicap ramp that is in place of the porch. I looked past all of it much like a parents tends to look past their childs minor imperfections. In a while this house is my first child.
Creatively Yours,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment