Thursday, October 8, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty

Something has been plaguing me lately. No it isn’t the Swine Flu. You all know this is a foreclosure and with that the house has some ‘special needs’ not only that but you are buying the house AS IS. Two words that will haunt you until the day the inspection is done. Luckily the place is what the real-estate calls clean swept so there isn’t any garbage or nasties in it. But… but… there is something that is far worse. CAT SMELL !!!!!!!!!! UHG… Yes we knew this before we bought it and I still stand by the fact that I am not going to let an issue like cat get in my way but the more I think about it the more grossed out it makes me.

The previous owner clearly didn’t understand the concept of a litter box. Or the concept of having 80 cats is a social deterrent. I picture this old spinster in a rocking chair surrounded by all 80 cats and all of the cats have different names and she remembers them all. The notion is a tad gross. Of course this isn’t the case and I am sure it was only one or two deviant cats! And I don’t mean deviant like Garfield.

John continues to assure me that this issue will be taken care of since we are ripping several of the walls down and ripping out the carpet. We are also sanding and sealing the floors and applying a special paint that eliminates odors. Now I tend to over exaggerate, the smell isn’t going to knock you on the ground the second you walk in the door but it is not ideal for a home. SOOO I have decided to keep all porous items in storage until the issue is rectified. The down twist to this idea is we are closing around Nov. 20th and there is a good chance it will be VERY cold and there might be snow. All the caustic cleaning products and seals will require us to have the windows open and we will have to have the heat running to protect the new plumbing from freezing. Again welcome to the Adirondacks.

Stick around so you can watch my wallet hemorrhage!

Oh and I will take any cleaning suggestion you might have to pet odor….

-Steph

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph! Happy 2010! Wishing you a year full of love and creative happiness! Thanks so much for your sweet inspiration to us all!

    Hugs,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete